Thursday, October 11, 2007

Lisa D.















Hello fellow classmates! Sorry this update is so late. Better late than never, right?

Here is what I have been up to since graduation...

I graduated from ORU in May of '96 with a BA in Psychology and a minor in Pastoral Care and Counseling. I was an RA my Junior and Senior year and absolutely loved it! I then worked at Focus on the Family from June of '96 to May of 2000. I got married in March of '97, to Jasen, who I met when I was in junior high. We stayed in touch through the years and started dating my senior year of college. While working at Focus I worked on my Graduate degree and graduated in May of 2000. On June 10, 2000 I had my first child, Colton.

So I have my Masters in Marriage, Child and Family Counseling, but I have not completed my 2,000 supervised hours for licensure yet. That has been a long, slow process. I hope to finish up in a couple of years. In 2003, I had another child, Kyla, on March 25th. So I have been a full-time mom since June of 2000 and am doing some counseling here and there. It is a blessing to be able to be home with my kids--they are 8 and 5 years old. Now that my son is in 2nd grade and my daughter is in full-day Kindergarten, I hope to find a part-time counseling job so I can work on my hours.















I started a group called Teen MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) back in September of 2006. It is a group for teenage girls who are moms. These girls range from 16-22 years of age. It has been a great eye-opening experience! We meet at the Colorado Springs pregnancy center twice a month in the evenings. Thankfully, I can count my hours with time towards my counseling hours! We have about 12 girls in our group right now and we are continuing to grow. I'm looking for more leaders--right now we only have four. This summer we have just been doing fun activities with them, like going to the zoo and Elitches. If you know of any teen girls who are pregnant and need a group to support them, send them my way!

My husband is still in the Subway business....he owns more than 20 stores now, with his brother. The $5 foot longs have been very profitable! :-) We also took over ownership of my parent's business, Randy's Towing, last year. My husband, my brother and another guy are partners in that and it is going really well. Since Jasen is good at delegating and he has several managers and general managers, he does not have to be at work all the time and I don't have to do any of the work! :-) Both businesses have been a huge blessing.















I would love to get together with any of you that are still in Colorado Springs. I would love to hear from any of you that would like to re-connect. I am on Facebook!!

I am so impressed with our class and all that you have accomplished! May the Lord continue to bless you on your journeys!

Lisa (Schranz) Dill
mdill@comcast.net

No comments: