Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sandy D.














Well, since the class reunion things have changed in the Deisler household…

My son, Zane Tyler, was born on April 1, 2003. He is now four years old and daily asks me if he is "going to school today." He will be attending pre-school again this fall.













The summer of 2005 we moved from OKC, OK, to Fort Dodge, Iowa. Where is that you may ask? Well, it is in North Central Iowa. My husband, Jim, accepted the volleyball head coach position at Iowa Central Community College in Fort Dodge and so we relocated.

I continue to work as an RN at the local hospital in the CCU (Coronary Care Unit)/ICU (Intensive Care Unit). Last year I completed open-heart training and am now able to recover open-heart surgery patients after their bypass surgeries. Pretty interesting stuff. I am also looking into master programs. I would like to get my masters in nursing and become a nurse practitioner. We'll see what happens.

This winter (Dec. 30th) we are expecting our second child, which we are excited about. I think Zane is now getting used to the idea of having a baby brother or sister because earlier in the pregnancy he was telling me he didn't want a sibling—he has "Koda" (our six month old Alaskan Malamute puppy.) Zane actually told me the other day he wanted two babies, a brother and sister. I told him we would have one baby for now and he could enjoy the babysitter's little one when he goes there.













Well, that is a brief update on me and my family. Hope all is well with everyone else.

2 comments:

Daria said...

Oh Sandy, I love the photos you sent! Your Zane is adorable! : ) and your work sounds amazing!! How incredible to be able to attend to people’s needs in situations like that! Admirable.
I wish you the best as your pregnancy nears its end, and lots of energy as your second child arrives!
Blessings to you~
Daria : )

Katie Schaffer said...

Hey woman, what's your new address in IA...I'm updating the Christmas card list. Any baby yet?? I'm praying for a healthy little one (and mom). Keep us posted, Katie